Agra is a popular city of the state of Uttar Pradesh in India. This city is famous for the landmark of India which is the epitome of love ‘Taj Mahal’. This city is located on the banks of Yamuna River and was known to be the capital of Hindustan which is the Hindi name of India. This city is the host to three UNESCO world heritage sites with Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
Every year millions of tourists come here to see the Taj Mahal and to experience its everlasting beauty which spell binds the spectator especially when it is seen in the Full moon. There are many sightseeing sin Agra which you will never forget after you come here and you want to come back again.
Why Visit Agra?
- It is no doubt that you will visit Agra to see the Taj Mahal and to experience its magnificent beauty from very close. The Taj Mahal is one of the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’ and every year people visit this monument of love with their partners. Agra has a rich historical background and nobody can deny its transformation to a great tourist destination by the time.
- You can see the Agra Fort which is very similar to the Red Fort of Delhi and it is known for the marks of the British attacks. Along with this fort you can see various gardens with Mughal evidences like Ram Bagh and also do not forget to visit the Mehtab Bagh which is situate around the Taj premises and this is a botanical garden.
- There are many historical monuments to be looked out at Agra and some of the prominent ones are Sikandra, Chini Ka Rouza, Idmat Ud Daulah Tomb, Mariam’s Tomb, Jama Masjid and Many others.
- There are many famous temples in Agra where you can have a visit like Rajeshwar Temple, Prithviraj Temple, Shyam Ji Maharaj Temple and many more.
Agra Tips and Recommendations
- While visiting the beautiful white Taj Mahal do not forget to take the pictures of it in the full moon evening as the reflection falls on the full river of Yamuna. Also try to take the photos of Taj in the evening right at the time of sunset when the reflection of the mirrors falls on the river.
- If you are Agra do not forget to visit the local markets to buy carpets and other mirror work items. Also you can buy several leather items from this place.
- In Agra do visit during the time of Taj Festival and Agra food tours where you can have the opportunity of tasting the cuisines of Agra and also from the local areas.
- Do not forget to taste the local and staple food like the samosas, Chaats, Jalebis and sweets especially the ‘Pethas’ which are made from white pumpkin and they are available in various tastes and flavors.
- You can visit the local Sadar Bazaar of this city to buy jewels and also for many handloom and handicrafts of Uttar Pradesh.